July 02, 2009

flexability and answered prayer

Well, we started school on Monday and Tuesday the kid's grandparents called and asked if they could pick them up Thursday and keep them a couple days. My first thought was, "Oh no! I have this whole week planned out, and now I am going to be two days behind." Then I thought, "Wait a minute, this is not a race. We can be flexible -I'm the teacher- and maybe this is a little blessing from the Lord."

I am always wishing to be able to spend a little time alone with my husband, and now He is giving me two and a half days. (Did I mention we have not had a single day without kids in 3 1/2 years?) If I had chosen to get all stressed out about the reading we weren't going to get done, I might have missed the joy and answered prayer that was right in front of me. Besides, what is more fun to a child than spending a few precious days with Grandma and Grandpa?

Now, what to do for 2 1/2 days.....:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment