February 24, 2010

Yogurt in a Crockpot?

YES! Another homeschooling mom posted about yogurt making on her blog and I was inspired. Yesterday, I gave it a try. It was so easy, and best of all.....it worked! I tried using an envelope of unflavored geletin instead of milk powder for a thickener. It is still pretty runny, maybe next time I'll try two envelopes. OR, maybe I'll just "get over" the thinner texture and get excited about REAL food for my family!

I enjoyed mine this morning with a drizzle of honey, blueberries, and homemade granola. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Glad this worked for you! Your bowl looks delicious, that is just how I like mine. We eventually got over the runny factor at our house and it is now the norm for us. I am going to try it with soy milk as soon as I can get my hands on some soy yogurt.

    ReplyDelete