May 13, 2010

Homemade Baking Mix

I thought it was high time I shared my favorite homemade baking mix.  It will work anywhere you would use Bisquick and it even works for Mary Jane Butters' famous bakeover recipes.  One of my favorite things about this mix is that it doesn't have any shortening in it, so it keeps very well.  I keep a small container of it in my cabinet and store the remainder in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.

In a Large Bowl mix the following:
10 cups of flour  (I use a whole grain white flour, but you could use all white or 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat)
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
4 Tbsp. Baking Powder  (I like aluninum free)
3 tsp. salt

It bakes up nice and fluffy.  Here is a picture of the cheeseburger pie I made last night.  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    That pie sure looked delicious!

    Thank you for sharing your recipe,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete