May 29, 2010

In the Garden

We have lived on our 10 acres for 7 years now, and I am embarrassed to say that in all that time, I have never had a successful garden.  Oh, I could grow weeds better than anyone, but nothing else ever seemed to do well. 

I was determined that this year would be different.  I needed a new plan.  Enter my sweet husband :O)  with the solution to all my problems....RAISED BEDS!  I have the best garden I have ever had!

This morning it was just beautiful, so I went out early to get the weeding done.  It feels so productive to grow our own food.  I can't wait to enjoy the bounty.

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I want!
    I am so happy for you!
    I am not a gardener and our attempts have been not so great. I am not even good with keeping up with the flower bed (that we inherited from the previous owner) as it is just so big. I don't enjoy it. I keep begging my husband to put it into grass. I like little flower gardens that are easier to tend.
    My husband has planted large vegetable gardens before, but didn't really have the time to manage it and I didn't do it either.
    I really think that I would enjoy and could manage gardens like you have now.
    Enjoy!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for you! I love love love veggie growing :) And very thankful for my hubby who does awhole lot of the actual work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll plant some flowers too for your own enjoyment, maybe some sweet peas to climb the trellis, they would look nice in a little vase on your sideboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raised beds have been an answered to prayers! :)

    I am an avid gardener and flower beds are so wonderful to keep, but raised beds were the way to go in growing vegetables!

    Look how beautiful your vegetables look, gleaming in the sun :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete